Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Technique Tuesday

Today's technique is Wax Paper Cuttlebug Resist. If you don't have a cuttlebug (or other embossing system) you can try the plain old wax paper resist technique. SCS has two fabulous tutorials on this technique. Option 1 (with Cuttlebug) or option 2 (without Cuttlebug).

Instead of a make-up sponge I just used the stampin' spots, which made the ink a lot darker because I layered it on pretty thick. The colors I used were Certainly Celery, Almost Amethyst, & Bashful Blue but they look a LOT darker. So I decided to patch the quilt onto a bright yellow (NON-SU!) paper. I should have just cut the yellow quilt border out with my scalloped rectangle nestabilities but oh well. I used the new SU! scallop punch for the quilt as well as to cut the bottom edge of the whisper white card front and layered more yellow paper underneath. I machine stitched the pieces of the quilt and added a green ribbon with the "baby" patch to give it some detail. I'm not in love with the card, but at least I made something today right? AND that technique IS pretty awesome.

No comments: